ERI Active During 40th Session of the Human Rights Council
ERI was active in the recent 40th session of the Human Rights Council, delivering five Oral Interventions highlighting human rights situations around the globe on behalf of its advocacy partners.
The statements were drafted by:-
- PRATYeK and NINEISMINE on the ‘Children’s Budget’ in India
- The ERI Advocacy co-ordinator for South America Guillermo Bullrich on an Ombudsman for Children in Argentina
- Br. Robert Fanovich fpm on addressing the Enforced Disappearances of October 1983 in Grenada
- Br Moy Hitchen cfc on Child Marriage in Zambia
- Subilim Emmanuel Danjuma on the outcome of the UPR of Nigeria
In addition ERI attended a number of side events focusing on the rights of the child, as well as the annual full day meeting on the rights of the child around the theme ‘Empowering children with disabilities for the enjoyment of their human rights, including through inclusive education.’
A total of twenty nine resolutions were adopted during the Human Rights Council session.